Sleep Well In 2017
Getting your sleep is so essential to your health and every aspect of living a high quality of life. You owe it to yourself to make this coming new year the best yet for getting your rest.
Just a few lifestyle tweaks here and there will pay off dividends in your sleep portfolio. Here is what you need to do to
Sleep well in 2017:
1. Let old hurts and resentments go (an angry or sad heart does not make a good bed fellow).
2. Practice kindness as much as possible
3. Limit your media exposure. Do you really need to watch the news around the clock or look at those news notifications on your phone? If you must, choose small blocks of your day for the news and then go about your life. Do not let intrusive media (in all its forms- print, digital, social media, tv) cast its negative film over the lens which is your life. This is your life- not theirs.
4. Have a purpose which is larger than yourself. Ask yourself: how can I serve others? How can I make my community and world a better place? The answers to these questions will lend themselves to a happier life and more restful sleep at night for you.
5. Laugh more (even if you have to fake it till you make it).
6. Watch what you are putting into your body. Drink clean water throughout your day. Limit caffeine, processed carbs, and trans-fats.
7. Take a daily walk
8. Expose yourself to natural daylight as much as possible during the day (especially the morning).
9. Get rid of excess - trim the clutter from your life. Get rid of things you no longer use, stop purchasing things you don't really need, and make sure your bedroom is clean and calming to all of your senses.
10. If you don't have a pet consider adopting a cat or dog from your local shelter. Animals give us so much joy. They are great teachers of unconditional love and simple living. Studies have shown that taking care of an animal and spending time with a cat or dog greatly reduces stress levels.
Here's to a new year full of adventure, love, and sleep!